The Taylorcraft Collection includes photographs and negatives donated to Rodman Public Library by Forrest Barber and family. The photographs were rescued from the old Dimit Brothers photography studio when it was being cleaned out.
Taylorcraft airplanes were manufactured in Alliance, Ohio from 1935 to 1946. At one time, the company employeed 1,800 people. It was founded by C. G. Taylor. A factory on North Rockhill Avenue manufactured another 153 Taylorcraft planes from 1968 to 1986 under the direction of Charles and Dorothy Feris.
The photographs are from the Taylorcraft Corporation and Aircraft Products Company. They include views of airplanes, the factory, employees, and the manufacturing process including stress and load tests.